The social compliance standard allows us to monitor compliance of our BSCI suppliers according to our social responsibility rules. BSCI is headquartered in Brussels by the Trade Union of Belgium, based on the examination of ethical social values.
What are the Benefits of BSCI?
Among the benefits of BSCI, in addition to being an open initiative of retailers, importers and brands in order to improve working conditions in the global supply chain, BSCI In parallel, BSCI also brings direct benefits to producers, stakeholders and other actors of the supply chain, including workers in the end. Code is working to support companies to integrate and create supply chain to respect the rights of labor.
Basically BSCI Principles Are;
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining; Establishment of organizations such as corporate associations or workers’ associations and collective bargaining and respect for these rights of employees.
- Fair Wage; Respect the right of workers to receive a fair wage.
- Occupational Health and Safety; To take all necessary measures to assess and eliminate or reduce the risks of corporate work and to provide a healthy and safe working environment.
- Special Protection for Young Workers; It provides special protection to non-adult workers.
- Forced Labor; In no event shall the employee refuse to work outside the consent of the volunteer.
- Ethical Business Conduct; Corruption, tribute, embezzlement or bribery will never allow any actions.
- No Discrimination; It offers equal opportunities and does not discriminate against workers.
- Good Working Hours; Regulates the working hours under the relevant laws.
- Non-Child Labor; Does not employ any worker under the legal minimum age.
- Non-Social Security Workers; He / she hires workers on the basis of documented contracts according to labor law.
- Environmental Protection; Takes necessary measures to prevent environmental degradation.