- Birgie HomeBlok / / 0 commentsinRead more
1. Blanket: As a blanket, Muslin is light and soft. Offers warmth and breathability. Thanks to the lightness of the muslin you can cover your baby without disturbing. The product fits easily into the baby bag as it is too small.
2. Swaddle: The Muslin is breathable but insulating, soft as possible and a little stretchable thanks to its woven structure, making it perfect for swaddle.
3. Car Seat Cover: Your little child can throw a muslin swaddle blanket on top of it while sleeping.
It can also be used comfortably in the car to keep it darker and / or away from the sun.
4. Burp Cloth: Just sling the muslin swaddle over your shoulder before you burp your baby and watch as it soaks up all that spit-up! Don’t worry about over-washing the fabric because muslin actually gets softer with every wash, making it an extremely durable fabric.
5. Playtime Cover: A muslin blanket is a great cover for your play bed when your baby tries to turn or try to explore slowly on her belly. Soft and gentle to the touch, with natural flexibility.
6. Nursing Cover: If you need some privacy whilst nursing, simply cover yourself and your baby lightly with the muslin blanket while you breastfeed. Muslin’s natural weave makes it a breathable fabric, thus ensuring that your baby doesn’t feel hot under the blanket, and remains cozy & comfortable.
- Birgie HomeRead more
Muslin, plain-woven cotton fabric made in various weights. The better qualities of muslin are fine and smooth in texture and are woven from evenly spun warps and wefts, or fillings. They are given a soft finish, bleached or piece-dyed, and are sometimes patterned in the loom or printed.
Muslin refers to a finely-woven breathable fabric. It is believed to have originated in Bangladesh during the Middle Ages.
What makes muslin so magical, you ask?
First and foremost, its breathability. The open weave and lightweight fabric of muslin allows for airflow, reducing the risk of overheating.
This quality helps keep your baby comfortable and safe, resulting in your peace of mind.
Muslin is durable. Touching the muslin with natural fibers gives the ability to withstand countless washes. This is a great advantage for parents.
There are so many other uses for muslin wraps too though, and that is why they are a must have baby item.
They can be used for portable change mats, pram covers, burping cloths, sun shades, breastfeeding cover, blanket for baby and the list goes on.
- Birgie HomeRead more
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
Examples of certifiable products include: raw and dyed / finished yarns, woven and knitted fabrics, buttons, zippers, accessories such as sewing thread or labels, different types of garment products (all types of clothing, home textiles, sheets and pillowcases, towels and more).
Since its establishment in 1992, the main claim of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® system has been the development of inspection criteria, limit values and test methods based on scientific basis.
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® with a comprehensive and compact size catalog including several regulated individual materials:
- Forbidden azo dye, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc. important legal regulations.
- Chemicals that are not yet legally regulated, harmful to health.
- ECHA SHVC candidate list associated with fabrics, textiles, apparel or accessories and REACh European Chemical Substance Regulation XVII. and XIV.
- The requirements of the annexes shall be evaluated by the OEKO-TEX® Union experts.
- As a result of these evaluations, the relevant innovations and discussions are taken into account as quickly and effectively as possible in the updates of STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Lead-related requirements under the US Consumer Product Safety Development Laws (CPSIA).
- Numerous item classes related to the environment.
- Due to its decades of experience, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® brings a high level of product safety to the consumer.
- The control criteria and limit values often go beyond national and internationally accepted standards.
- Comprehensive product audits and regular firm audits also enable the worldwide sectoral sustainability of chemicals to be handled responsibly.
- With this concept, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® has played a leading role for many years.
- The requirement for certification of products in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is the sewing thread, supports, prints, etc., as well as the outer fabric. with button, zipper, rivet, etc.
- All parts of the product, including non-textile accessories, comply with the required criteria.
- Other prerequisites; operational and quality assurance measures and legally binding signature of liability and compliance statements by the buyer.
- Birgie HomeRead more
Absolutely. Cotton is sustainable, renewable and biodegradable, making it an excellent choice as an environmentally-friendly fiber throughout its entire product life cycle. Most chemicals fibers are petroleum based, which means they come from nonrenewable resources.
Cotton has a number of properties that make it a very desirable fabric. Did you know that the cotton plant provides us with more than just fibres? Almost every part of the plant including the lint, cotton seeds, stalks and seed hulls are useful in some way or the other. Aside from the appealing lack of wastage of cotton harvesting , we also know that it is comfortable than artifical fibres.
Almost every part of the plant including the lint, cotton seed, stalks and seed hulls are useful in some way or the other. Aside from the appealing lack of wastage of cotton harvesting, we also know that it is comfortable in all weathers.
This is because the unique structure of cotton makes it a breathable fabric which is more comfortable than artificial fibres. This natural fibre is hypoallergenic and can be worn close to the skin. It absorbs water well and becomes stronger when wet.
Not only is it easy to clean, it can also withstand high temperatures and can be sterilized by boiling. 100% cotton fabric is soft, easy to dye and has good colour retention. It resists piling and is easy to dryclean.
- Birgie HomeRead more
The social compliance standard allows us to monitor compliance of our BSCI suppliers according to our social responsibility rules. BSCI is headquartered in Brussels by the Trade Union of Belgium, based on the examination of ethical social values.
What are the Benefits of BSCI?
Among the benefits of BSCI, in addition to being an open initiative of retailers, importers and brands in order to improve working conditions in the global supply chain, BSCI In parallel, BSCI also brings direct benefits to producers, stakeholders and other actors of the supply chain, including workers in the end. Code is working to support companies to integrate and create supply chain to respect the rights of labor.
Basically BSCI Principles Are;
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining; Establishment of organizations such as corporate associations or workers’ associations and collective bargaining and respect for these rights of employees.
- Fair Wage; Respect the right of workers to receive a fair wage.
- Occupational Health and Safety; To take all necessary measures to assess and eliminate or reduce the risks of corporate work and to provide a healthy and safe working environment.
- Special Protection for Young Workers; It provides special protection to non-adult workers.
- Forced Labor; In no event shall the employee refuse to work outside the consent of the volunteer.
- Ethical Business Conduct; Corruption, tribute, embezzlement or bribery will never allow any actions.
- No Discrimination; It offers equal opportunities and does not discriminate against workers.
- Good Working Hours; Regulates the working hours under the relevant laws.
- Non-Child Labor; Does not employ any worker under the legal minimum age.
- Non-Social Security Workers; He / she hires workers on the basis of documented contracts according to labor law.
- Environmental Protection; Takes necessary measures to prevent environmental degradation.