STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
Examples of certifiable products include: raw and dyed / finished yarns, woven and knitted fabrics, buttons, zippers, accessories such as sewing thread or labels, different types of garment products (all types of clothing, home textiles, sheets and pillowcases, towels and more).
Since its establishment in 1992, the main claim of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® system has been the development of inspection criteria, limit values and test methods based on scientific basis.
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® with a comprehensive and compact size catalog including several regulated individual materials:
- Forbidden azo dye, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc. important legal regulations.
- Chemicals that are not yet legally regulated, harmful to health.
- ECHA SHVC candidate list associated with fabrics, textiles, apparel or accessories and REACh European Chemical Substance Regulation XVII. and XIV.
- The requirements of the annexes shall be evaluated by the OEKO-TEX® Union experts.
- As a result of these evaluations, the relevant innovations and discussions are taken into account as quickly and effectively as possible in the updates of STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Lead-related requirements under the US Consumer Product Safety Development Laws (CPSIA).
- Numerous item classes related to the environment.
- Due to its decades of experience, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® brings a high level of product safety to the consumer.
- The control criteria and limit values often go beyond national and internationally accepted standards.
- Comprehensive product audits and regular firm audits also enable the worldwide sectoral sustainability of chemicals to be handled responsibly.
- With this concept, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® has played a leading role for many years.
- The requirement for certification of products in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is the sewing thread, supports, prints, etc., as well as the outer fabric. with button, zipper, rivet, etc.
- All parts of the product, including non-textile accessories, comply with the required criteria.
- Other prerequisites; operational and quality assurance measures and legally binding signature of liability and compliance statements by the buyer.